Quantitative Market Risk Manager (UK)
Business / Function
BC Reference Number
About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is an award-winning transformational consultancy specialising in innovative solutions that solve our clients’ challenges quickly and efficiently.
Focused on three practice areas of digital, data and automation, our aim is to disrupt the market with the latest machine learning, automation, data analytics advisory and programme delivery.
Since inception in London in 2010, Brickendon has rapidly grown and has established additional offices in the Poland, India and Australia. Core to our success is how we foster a culture of innovation and lateral thinking and encourage our people to develop new approaches and techniques.
Our specialist digital arm, Brickendon Digital, focuses on disrupting and challenging the digital landscape with daring, cutting-edge products, including HotDeskPlus and EUCplus. We use the latest software and techniques to create rapid, technology-led solutions and visionary products to help our clients excel.
We are a member of the Women in Finance charter and are committed to working together to build a balanced and fair industry.
Overview of Initial Assignment
Brickendon have are looking for a strong Quantitative Market Risk Manager to be deployed onto one of our key client accounts to deliver market related risk issues across Credit and Rates business lines.
• The risk manager will be responsible for identification of key markets related risk issues for London activity setting market risk limits, reviewing new products, assisting with key regulatory
initiatives, managing the development of key risk system infrastructure and communication/elevation of key issues in order to maintain credit markets risk management of the highest
• Demonstrate outstanding leadership and management skills with respect to direct reports, as well as MRM and Fixed Income markets focused personnel in other support areas.
• Establish a very strong partnership with front office business management, credit risk management, capital management, regulatory finance, the quantitative model review group & IT
whilst maintaining the ability to question and contest as necessary.
• Management of the annual market risk limit review for Fixed Income business lines
• Oversight / delivery of stressed VaR for Fixed Income business lines
• Provision of market risk management information to senior management as necessary to enable decision making with regards to positions
• Provide management with expert advice on market risk and VaR related regulatory charges and controls
• Implementation of systems strategy to ensure that the market risk function is able to effectively and efficiently perform its core functions.
• Reviewing new products and structures to identify all material market risks and ensuring effective controls surround these to ensure appropriate risk management occurs during their life
• Development of stress testing scenarios, reverse stress testing and the stress testing platform
• Oversight of the market risk monitoring processes with respect to market conditions, regardless of whether close or in excess of limits, and escalation of any identified inappropriate
activity to senior management.
• Oversight/ delivery of FRTB for Fixed Income business lines
• Demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations.
Skills & Requirements
• 8-10 years+ experience in either Market Risk or Trading
• Very strong technical understanding of market risk calculation and aggregation
• Preferably hold an international financial/risk accreditation e.g. CFA, FRM, PRM
• Strong quantitative and/or business related university qualification
• Solid experience in Market Risk Management and / or Fixed Income Trading
• Outstanding in depth knowledge of Rates and/or Credit markets and products,
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong quantitative skills i.e. derivative pricing, VaR methods, market data analysis
• Strong technical skills (VBA, SQL, Matlab, C++ etc)
• Fixed Income markets savvy
• Ability to understand and interpret complex business requirements
• Ability to prioritize competing demands
• Negotiation and conflict resolution capacity
Submit your application
Show your interest in the position listed above by inputting your details & uploading your resume in the form.
(.PDF / .DOC / .DOCX permitted)