Tooling Analyst (Poland)
Business / Function
BC Reference Number
About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is an award-winning transformational consultancy specialising in innovative solutions that solve our clients’ challenges quickly and efficiently.
Focused on three practice areas of digital, data and automation, our aim is to disrupt the market with the latest machine learning, automation, data analytics advisory and programme delivery.
Since inception in London in 2010, Brickendon has rapidly grown and has established additional offices in the US, Poland and Australia. Core to our success is how we foster a culture of innovation and lateral thinking and encourage our people to develop new approaches and techniques. Our specialist digital arm, Brickendon Digital, focuses on disrupting and challenging the digital landscape with daring, cutting-edge products, including HotDeskPlus and EUCplus. We use the latest software and techniques to create rapid, technology-led solutions and visionary products to help our clients excel.
We are a member of the Women in Finance charter and are committed to working together to build a balanced and fair industry.
Overview of Initial Assignment
Brickendon Consulting have existing projects with a number of top tier clients.
The Tooling Analyst will be supporting the development and maintenance of the Programme’s financial and resource management tools and processes. This involves in working with a very wide range of stakeholders from the finance teams, to portfolio leads, benefits managers, Transformation office, tooling team lead etc. This involves the following:
• Manage and develop the internal tooling systems, based on a prioritized requirement backlog (production systems, workflows, error checks etc.)
• Ensure quality of the developed component(s) / work product(s) (conformance with development process) and delivered on time.
• Verify the accuracy and performance of all code developed, including the preparation of test data and its execution and release.
• Keeping the codebase updated at all times with necessary backups of the latest version releases.
• Manage multiple work requests – these initiatives can range from ad-hoc requests, urgent system/tool support issues, new enhancements or new initiatives.
• Adhere to programme timelines of supplying information, tools release, daily scheduled tasks etc.
• Providing support to end-users, answering questions and resolving issues.
• Developing new features and enhancing existing ones according to specifications.
• Improving non-functional aspects, like performance and security of the application.
• Perform Data validation across large data sets pertaining to financial nature to ensure accuracy and quality of data.
• Perform Large Volume/Multiple Source – data conversion, data cleansing, report creations on a need basis.
• Maintaining existing and creating new databases using MS Access/SQL.
• To participate in solution building exercise to understand the requirements and propose the right fit solution, with relevant parties on a need basis.
• Strong time management and planning skills.
• Identify points of failure/areas of improvement in the tools, procedures and way of working, thus table them for opportunities for improvement.
• Monitor the tooling environment (SharePoint, internal finance tools) for potential outbreaks and proactively close possible service disruptions – avoid working in a reactive state.
• Design solutions with a holistic approach, scalability, ease of maintainability and efficiency in mind.
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ years of Solid experience years programming experience using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Excel and Access, SQL
• Proven ability to deliver bespoke solutions by interpreting a business requirement and building, deploying, maintaining large scale enterprise solutions using appropriate technologies to solve real-world use cases.
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (particularly advanced use of Excel and Access)
• Advanced Excel skills (i.e. complex formulas, tables, managing large amounts of data from multiple sources)
• Should have expertise in bug fixing, identifying code failures.
• Exposure to planning a change implementation activity (implementing changes to production tools set)
• Experience in data analysis and interpretation involving financial numbers of programme deliverables and targets
• Knowledge and work experience on SharePoint 2013 is an advantage (designing pages, custom lists and views etc., management of document repositories, access etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate
• Overall financial services industry knowledge is an advantage
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
Submit your application
Show your interest in the position listed above by inputting your details & uploading your resume in the form.
(.PDF / .DOC / .DOCX permitted)