L3 Investigator External Investigative Reporting – India
Business / Function
BC Reference Number
About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon is an award-winning transformational consultancy specialising in innovative solutions that solve our clients’ challenges quickly and efficiently.
Focused on three practice areas of digital, data and automation, our aim is to disrupt the market with the latest machine learning, automation, data analytics advisory and programme delivery.
Since inception in London in 2010, Brickendon has rapidly grown and has established additional offices in the Poland, India and Australia. Core to our success is how we foster a culture of innovation and lateral thinking and encourage our people to develop new approaches and techniques.
Our specialist digital arm, Brickendon Digital, focuses on disrupting and challenging the digital landscape with daring, cutting-edge products, including Hybrid-Hero and EUCplus. We use the latest software and techniques to create rapid, technology-led solutions and visionary products to help our clients excel.
We are a member of the Women in Finance charter and are committed to working together to build a balanced and fair industry.
Overview of Initial Assignment
Brickendon has successfully launched our operations in India, and as a result, we are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to join our Financial Crimes Compliance team as a Level 3 Transaction Monitoring Investigator. In this role, you will play a critical role in detecting and preventing financial crimes, including money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions violations, and anti-corruption matters. You will be responsible for conducting thorough investigations, analyzing customer account activities, identifying suspicious transactions, and preparing SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports). Your efforts will contribute to maintaining the integrity of our compliance policies and ensuring our commitment to regulatory standards.
Responsible for conducting effective and timely investigations into assigned cases in accordance with agreed standard reporting requirements and service level agreements. These cases will include:
• Anomalous activity reports from various parts of the bank as well as other entities as applicable, including other business lines and functions
• Investigating and reporting against Production Orders
• Escalated cases from Transaction Monitoring systems
• Responsible for writing a high-quality investigative narrative (Investigation Report) and recording the case history, with supporting findings, in an approved case management system
• Ensure appropriate pro-active use of media reports and relevant websites to gather intelligence and identify customers of HSBC involved in financial crime/ML/terrorism etc
• Produce a high-quality case file including a comprehensive narrative and recommendation as to whether a SAR is raised with onward disclosure to the relevant authorities in accordance with procedural standards
• Working closely with the Manager, External Investigative Reporting to develop personal capability
• Work effectively and professionally with colleagues across FCTM and the organization, and with the businesses
• Manage Oracle Watchlist Screening (“OWS”) referrals in line with Name Screening and investigative reporting instructions
• Assess the quality of Know Your Customer (KYC) information and processes as part of the investigation, and where appropriate, refer actions and any issues to the appropriate function
Skills & Requirements
• Experience with banking core customer data management systems
• Experience in identifying activity indicative of Money Laundering (ML) or Terrorist Financing (TF) risk
• Experience in undertaking investigations/analysis into customer activity with the ability to draw inferences from noted behavior, including transaction expectations, against expectations established from CDD data.
• Experience in writing reports to identify ML/TF risk and/or SAR reporting
• Strong organizational skills
• Collaborative working style with colleagues and broader stakeholders within a cross-border and Lob matrix organization
• Prior regulatory or law enforcement investigations experience is advantageous.
• ACAMS or International Compliance Association (ICA) certificate/diploma, or equivalent qualifications
Submit your application
Show your interest in the position listed above by inputting your details & uploading your resume in the form.
(.PDF / .DOC / .DOCX permitted)