- Test Management
- Offshore Test team Management
- Test/QA Process
- GUI automation
- Non GUI Automation – Middleware Testing/SOA Testing/Mainframe Testing
- UAT Co-ordination
- OAT Co-ordination
- Domain Expertise – FX, Payments, Loans, Credit Risk, Credit Banking
- Performance Testing
The European Software Testing Awards
Brickendon has been awarded with the Best Sogeti Best Automation Project
Brickendon has been also nominated as a finalist for these categories
- Best Use of Tools : Integrated Test Tools Approach (ITTA)
- Testing Innovator of the Year
TCPS – Time Check Point System
- TCPS is an innovative test estimation model, established to estimate and allocate resources accurately in a test project.
- Requirements are analysed in a testing perspective with each task then scored in a matrix on importance and testing complexity, allowing the Test Manager to categorise tasks into different priority bands.
- TCPS significantly improves accuracy in resource allocation and enhances transparency in performance management, which clients directly benefit from.
- TCPS also benefits the management team to handle scope changes efficiently.
- TCPS can be used for all test phases such as SIT, UAT, etc.
- TCPS can be implemented in any project across any domain. It is suitable for both small/iterative and big releases.
Brickendon Test Solutions and Approach
FX ASP is an innovative test implementation model, established to efficiently test the complex trade workflows in e-commerce and front-office systems.
- SATS feeds different types of trade data into trade capturing systems and reconciles the trade economics with various reconciliation points such as trade confirmation screen, database, middle office and back office systems.
- SATS significantly improves the confidence of the trade workflow and benefits the IT team to detect any potential regression issues when one of the system in the trade workflow undergoes a change.
- SATS significantly improves the test coverage as various trade flavours can be tested by a non-IT team as the inputs are driven by non-technical tools liked excel sheet. The issue analysis is also easier in this model as the issues are automatically highlighted in the reconciliation sheet.
- SATS is very simple and easy to setup. It can be implemented across a variety of systems.
- This solution can be implemented in any project across any domain with data flowing across multiple systems.
BETS – Brickendon Exploratory Testing Solution
Brickendon consultants redesigned Whittaker’s 360-degree exploratory testing model with the aim of providing robust testing in a banking and trading environment. The Brickendon Exploratory Testing Solution (BETS):
- Uses a project team that has expert knowledge to match the objectives of each element of exploratory testing
- Strengthens the communication channel that maximises the project team’s collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Documents the scope and design for future use
Features of BETS include:
- A comprehensive and well-structured 360-degree testing programme
- Effective collaboration between different project participants (Development, Business Analysis, Business users, Production Support, Project Management)
- Comprehensive test reporting
- All-inclusive test design and scope documentation
ITTA – Integrated Test Tools Approach
Brickendon Test Specialists designed the ITTA solution with two clear goals in mind
To avoid manual intervention in the testing process/test life cycle and achieve the ‘lights-out’ testing mode.
To centralise the testing assets by integrating the test tools in the project.
- ITTA centralises all the testing tools and integrates the tools to automate the end-to-end testing process.
- ITTA integrates the testing assets such as requirements, test cases, test results and defects.
- ITTA enables efficient test results analysis and defect analysis.
- ITTA is also very helpful in handling emergency PROD fixes and scope changes in the project life cycle.
- ITTA can be implemented in any project across any domain. It is suitable for both small/iterative and big releases.
Continuous Testing Framework (CTF)
The CTF is a ‘agile-friendly’ framework built on the principle of lean workflow which runs automated regression testing continuously (24×7), in a streamlined and simplified manner, without any manual intervention.
- In a fast-paced project environment, CTF enables rapid testing as and when any change is triggered in the application, thereby supporting the Agile Methodology as well as ensuring the resilience of the program.
- CTF is designed to ensure Regression Testing is carried out in the most efficient manner, whilst providing comprehensive testing during and after project completion.
- CTF maximises the benefits of automated testing and extends them for relevant project participants, such as developers.
- CTF benefits the IT and Business management to fit efficient test coverage within the budget of the maintenance projects.
- CTF can be implemented in any project across any domain. It is suitable for both small/iterative and big releases.
Pricing Test Solution Package (PTSP)
PTSP is an innovative solution which enables us to efficiently tackle the complex challenges in testing the correctness of pricing in FX and trading world.
- The main benefit of PTSP is that it enables testing for crucial components of pricing which is traditionally very complex to test.
- PTSP efficiently tackles the complexity of testing the price ticks which happens in terms of milliseconds.
- PTSP benefits the IT and QUANTS team to efficiently test the spread management, pricing model and RFQ calculation mechanism.
- PTSP is a fully customisable solution which can be tailored to the needs of the business and IT teams.
- PTSP can be used to test both RFS and RFQ pricing modes.
- PTSP can also be used to test message-based pricing environments.
Electronic Latency Monitoring (ELMO)
ELMO targets at delivering a robust, real-time but lightweight latency solution.
- ELMO is implemented on the pricing server and collects the time information of all entrances and exits en route to the end-user application.
- Performing this function as a real-time latency measurement demonstrates best practice and this detail separates ELMO from other forms of latency monitoring as a stand-alone innovation.
- ELMO doesn’t interrupt any existing architecture; no customisation is necessary.
This concept of ELMO can be adapted and applied to essentially all Electronic Trading Platforms.
- ELMO can be implemented in both small/iterative and big releases.
Latency Scenario Builder (LSB)
LSB is a methodology for efficiently building latency scenarios to achieve realistic latency measurement and address the three main challenges in latency testing:
- Building scenarios that cover various permutations and combinations of latency
- Analysing a latency issue, as it is particularly complex and difficult to identify the exact root cause
- Project environment differing from the realistic production environment
- As latency directly translates to winning clients and business, managing business expectation is very important in this testing space. This methodology greatly contributes to managing business expectations.
- The matrix format in this methodology provides a very transparent, thorough and simple overview of test coverage to the business and IT.
- The bottleneck identification and root cause analysis features of this methodology will efficiently identify the root-cause of the latency issues.
- LSB can be implemented in any project across any domain. It is suitable for both small/iterative and big releases.
Functional Test Automation Solution (FTAS)
FTAS focuses on improving efficiency by reducing the complexity of test automation. Therefore, the solution had three objectives: ability to implement automated tests with minimal knowledge of scripting, providing a framework for Developers and Business Analysts to automate testing and improving multi-system reconciliation.
- The main benefit of FTAS is that it helps to simplify testing for the users.
- The value is added by providing the ability for non-technical users to start writing the automated test.
- This makes the solution much more easily accessible and greatly expands the benefits to the client.
- FTAS can be implemented in any project across any domain. It is suitable for both small/iterative and big releases.
Test Metrics Solutions (TMS)
Using mathematical formulae designed by Brickendon Consultants, a metrics based solution is generated to identify where bottlenecks will appear within a Project Lifecycle.
- This allows the project team to effectively and efficiently prevent bottlenecks.
- This provides a reliable tool that highlights underlying bottlenecks which frequently go unnoticed.
- Variance analysis is key in enabling bottleneck identification during the Project Lifecycle.
- The comprehensive metrics provides sufficient information for project teams to efficiently collaborate for test design, execution and defect resolution.
- TMS can be implemented in any project across any domain. It is suitable for both small/iterative and big releases.