We are looking for a Senior Consultant to deliver digital transformation-focussed projects as part of our data and digital practices.
Brickendon Consulting have projects with a number of tier one investment banks and have been engaged to provide teams of consultants to deliver these.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join as a member of our UK Digital & Data teams
- Advise clients on strategic matters linked to new regulation and risk initiatives
- Generate Thought leadership for our Digital practice
- Manage key stakeholders
- Lead and forge new client relationships
- Contribute to the growth of the practice via conferences, article and solution writing
- Work with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and how they translate into development delivery tasks
- Estimate tasks in line with the definition of done
- Understand Java development to coding standards, including bank and industry standard patterns and practices
- Carry out thorough unit test coverage, Test Driven Development / Behaviour Driven Development
- Produce code documentation
- Carry out peer code reviews
- Take part in daily Scrums and stand-ups
- Participate in Agile meetings when required for planning, retrospectives.
The candidate should have knowledge/experience of some or all of the below:
- At least 8-10 years of experience in Java development, ideally with recent Java 1.8 experience
- Experience gained in Financial Services Consulting preferred, including experience of Spring, JMS, REST/SOAP, Unix/Linux scripting, Maven, Jenkins, Junit / Mokito / Spock / Gherkin
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and proven rapid learning capability are essential
- Ability to work with a project team in multiple locations around the world
- Capable of evaluating work progression and quality, and escalating any risks or issues in a timely manner
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options
To find out more about how Brickendon can help your business please contact us.